Something I feel very passionate about is having dinner with my family. We try to have dinner every single night — now dinner one night may mean roast and another night cereal. We just do what works and something that really helps me get a home cooked meal on the table are easy recipes and FREEZER meals! I’m a hugeeeee fan of freezer meals, as I’m sure I’ve said many times before. I’m going to put a list below with links. I hope this helps you feel more confident in the kitchen in being able to have a few tried and true recipes in your back pocket!
- I tried this one pan taco casserole last night with a few friends over and it was a hit! Super easy, tasty, and clean up was minimal since it’s a one pan dish.
- This recipe for chicken rolls is one of my all time favorite recipes. My mom made them a ton growing up and my kids love them. Might not be the healthiest recipe ever but you win some, you lose some! Add a few green sides and you’re good. A huge bonus is these freeze amazingly well! I just put them on the counter for a few hours to defrost then cook them up.
- Sunday Stew from The Pioneer Woman is amazing and another recipe that freezes well! Perfect for a cold, rainy day.
- Salsa Chicken Tacos are another easy favorite of mine — put a couple of frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with your favorite salsa. Cook on low for about 5 hours. Before I shred and mix it all up, I’ll drain some of the water off so it’s not so soupy. Cook up some rice, put it in a tortilla and top with your favorite toppings!
- This recipe for sloppy joes is my absolute favorite. I actually don’t love sloppy joes very much but this recipe is so good! You can freeze the leftovers too for an easy dinner. Just thaw and re-heat on the stove!
In the next couple of weeks I want to share our Santa Fe Soup recipe I got from my mother-in-law. It’s basically a chili but it’s to die for. Our friends are always asking for the recipe when they come over and a batch of mine won 2nd place in a chili contest so if you don’t trust me, trust the judges from the chili cook off!